Censorship and Selection: Issues and Answers for Schools
Publisher: ALA Editions , This specific ISBN edition is currently not available. View all copies of this ISBN edition:.
- Censorship and selection: Issues and answers for schools.
- Table of Contents.
- The Assyrian Dictionary of the Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago.
- Screening for Depression and Other Psychological Problems in Diabetes: A Practical Guide.
- Censorship Policies!
- ERIC - ED - Censorship and Selection: Issues and Answers for Schools. Revised., .
- Advances in Cooperative Control and Optimization: Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Cooperative Control and Optimization.
Synopsis About this title "An absolutely essential purchase for schools and libraries Review Buy New Learn more about this copy. About AbeBooks. Other Popular Editions of the Same Title.
VTLS Chameleon iPortal Browse Results
ALA Ed Search for all books with this author and title. Customers who bought this item also bought. Stock Image. Published by Amer Library Assn New Paperback Quantity Available: 1. Seller Rating:. In developing community support, Larry Mikulecky suggests several strategies:.
The First Amendment in Schools: A Resource Guide
Educators should follow clearly defined procedures from their initial response to the complaint through to its resolution Haiman, Essex, Chion-Kenney :. The courts have made it clear that the school board has the ultimate legal responsibility for the district Haiman. School officials operate only with powers delegated to them by the board. Accordingly, school boards must stand ready to receive appeals in a careful and defined manner.
Above all, the NSBA position Chion-Kenney is to think positively and maintain a strong faith in the democratic process. Handling complaints can help schools gain a balanced view on controversial issues. Chion-Kenney, Linda. ED number not yet assigned.
- Strategies for Feedback Linearisation: A Dynamic Neural Network Approach!
- Biology of Humans: Concepts, Applications, and Issues; 4th Edition!
- Cruise Sector Challenges: Making Progress in an Uncertain World;
- Censorship Selection Issues Answers by Henry Reichman!
- Censorship and selection : issues and answers for schools in SearchWorks catalog.
- The acoustical design of home theaters.
Haiman, Franklyn S. EJ Jenkinson, Edward B. ED Mikulecky, Larry. Parker, Barbara, and Stefanie Weiss. Reichman, Henry. Wynne, Edward A. Library Reference Search.
http://investor-school-summer.kovalev.com.ua/assets/ci-mejor-precio-cloroquina.php Please note that this site is privately owned and is in no way related to any Federal agency or ERIC unit. Further, this site is using a privately owned and located server. This is NOT a government sponsored or government sanctioned site.
The Research Connection
The definition of censorship is itself the subject of disagreement. In a democracy, it is customary for decisions to be made by majority rule.
- Music and Twentieth-Century Tonality: Harmonic Progression Based on Modality and the Interval Cycles!
- Trends and Issues in Global Tourism 2007.
- Targeted Killing: Self-Defense, Preemption, and the War on Terrorism.
- Customer & Member Resources.
- Music Theory for Musical Theatre.
How can those who hold to minority viewpoints seek to have their concerns addressed by the schools without being labeled "censors"? Likewise, how is the professional judgment and at the secondary level, academic freedom of educators to be weighed against the desires of the community and parents that their children not be exposed to certain materials or experiences?
According to one point of view, censorship cannot be clearly distinguished from the gatekeeping function that is exercised by those who select materials for use in schools.